In a fire, SECONDS count! That is why you and your family need to have an escape plan.
- Draw a map of your home or click EscapePlanGrid to use the one provided by the NFPA. This should be done with all members of your household, making two exits from each room, with a path to the outside from each exit. Determine an outside meeting place.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can't help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave - this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, STAY OUTSIDE. NEVER go back inside a burning building!
WIN A FREE FAMILY FUN NIGHT
When your plan is complete...
1. "Like" the Chippewa Falls Fire and Emergency Services Facebook page (Click here to go to Facebook Page).
2. Email a photo or video of your family creating your plan or practicing the escape plan to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for entries is October 31, 2017